Friday, January 12, 2007

January 12th, 2007

I don't have too much time to write now because I'll be leaving for dinner in about 10 minutes. But I'll do a quick post on some of the awesome stuff our group has been doing. Today we went to the Artist Alliance Gallery, saw a skilled weaver make Kente cloth, saw the ocean (although did not explore it), went to a coffin shop, ate lunch at Tip Top (Chinese), went to Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park (by the way, my Ghanain name is Kwame, boy born on Saturday), met some community service representatives to help us decide where we would like to work, and had our final Twi class (although the learning does not end here, trust me!).

Whew! What a week... anywho, maybe I'll elaborate on some of this madness later, but for now, I'm gonna get my Tante Marie on.

1 comment:

nicogoesabroad said...

Um, a coffin shop? That sounds exciting!

I'm enjoying your posts so far, I'll try to keep up as the semester starts to get busy, but keep it up!

P.S. not living in carlyle = fantastic. I'm happy we're out (though Ghana sounds a lot more exciting than Palladium...)